Saturday, January 12, 2013

life as i know it.

    Now that I posted about zero week, it's time for a personal update. (: I've been in the military for 4 months yesterday, which freaks me out because that's almost half a year!  But, it means a pay raise when I get paid on Monday. (: $100 more dollars in the bank for me.  It's crazy that a mere and forever-long 2 months ago, I was walking across the Lackland parade field in Blues with all my Air Force brothers and sisters.  I'm so blessed to have all these wonderful extended family in my life.  I'm in tech school at Fort Sam Houston, and it really is a family here.  I have 2 girls from my flight and one from my brother flight here, and I'd be lost without them and quite a few other people here.  Somedays I just feel like skipping class and pretending to be a civilian again, but there isn't a day that goes by where I'm not thankful for the decision I made and everything I went through to get to this point.
    I'm almost done with course II in my dental lab class, which is exciting.  EOC next week...I should probably be studying right now, but oh well.  I've got awesome friends who never let me spend a night alone being bored in my room, and family to keep me motivated every day. (:
   Other than school and friends, I got my first tattoo yesterday!  Happy 4 months in the Air Force to me - I got my blog's namesake tattooed on my ribs.  That quote singlehandedly got me through basic training and a lot of other things in life.  I've been planning it for a while, and went on a whim last night and got it.  I'm pretty sore, but holding up.  It'll be worth it once it heals. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment